Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Tough love

I got to talking with another teacher about how undeniably mean we are to our kids right now. Every toe stepped out of line is whipped and straightened out. I can only imagine what's going on in the minds of my sweet students as I snap my fingers at select, chronic underachievers, icily telling them to open their books.

Some students are willing to tell you how wonderful you are, like Stacy!
Mrs. H.- "William! With the time and effort it takes you to doodle your agenda, why don't you actually do the work you're supposed to? Or if that's too much for you to handle, we could set you up with a nice little concrete seat outside (90 degrees weather)

William- *grumbles incoherently*

Mrs. H.-(mutters under her breath) "I'm so mean..."

Stacy, a student who overhears, gently whispers to Mrs. H- "Only a little bit..."

No comments:

Post a Comment