Sunday, September 6, 2009

Tell Tale heart


When's the last time that you had an irrational emotional attachment to an inanimate object? Maybe it was a pair of brand new rollerblades, a pog slammer, or a shiny new Nintendo. Whatever the material possession may have been, remember the time when objects went beyond their prices and practicality and actually meant something?

I recall my 9 year old self taking a shoebox to bed with me just so I could have the pleasure of seeing those brand new Reeboks the first thing in the morning. The curvaceous design and even the smell of them was intoxicating. I coveted those sneakers till the colors and tired soles wore out.

It’s been awhile since I’ve attached my heart onto a “thing” but today I purchased this brand new alarm clock.



It's made to fit the retro American style but proudly bears a sticker that says, “Made in China”. I don’t care. This newborn clock with its freshly ticking heart has won me over. It’ll be a friend through weary weekday mornings reminding me that a new day is continually beating.  

No comments:

Post a Comment