Monday, March 28, 2011

Parts of the Whole

A student who accidentally pronounced "cigar" as "cigger".

A male student who finds humor in every insignificant thing and twitters like a bird in the front. And yet, moments later, I find myself doing the very thing that annoyed me enormously at a faculty meeting.


An entire period who thought that the story was about the characters Bob and Dimmy because I have a tendency to write my capital J like a lowercase d. Forget that proper nouns always begin with a capital letter, no, this must be a story about dimmy. Their names should be dimmy.


These are the moments where the class erupts into laughter, and I have to pull back the reins, shushing them left and right, all the while rolling my eyes. But these are the moments that crack me up later in the solitude of my own home. These are the parts of the whole that I love.

1 comment: