Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Life of the ridiculous


It's only Tuesday but I've seen my fair share of the silliness and insanity that pretty much sums up what I do for a living. It ranges from the inappropriate ("Ms. Won, come sit on my lap and tell me all that's bothering you" said by a FEMALE student) to the downright bizarre ("I love my parents-I'm always cuddling with them, sometimes I even sleep in their bed!" exclaimed a male student). Maybe this is some elaborate plot planned by all of my students to drive me to the conviction that all seventh graders have lost their marbles. 

EXHIBIT A

Now I've seen students clumsily trying to write with one of those jumbo pencils before. Usually I give the disapproving eyebrow and tell that student to use a different writing instrument. But when I saw this particular goofball walking towards my class with this torpedo sized, 3 ft GIANT crayon, I gave 3 sharp finger snaps and said, "You better park that thing right in front of the door!"

"But Ms. Won," pleads goofball, "It's my piggy bank too! I can't just leave it out here!" 
"I said PARK IT!!!"

My only question is, if it's not for children under 3, then how did this student manage to get ahold of it?



No comments:

Post a Comment