Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Meditation

My usual morning walk to the main office consists of navigating through a swarm of 2,000 students. But on a rare day like today, I come early enough to see the hallways devoid of crowds and activity. The already warm morning embraces me with the promise of a blisteringly hot day. The pale, yellow green leaves show off their neon glow when the sunlight hits them. All I hear is the rhythmic clacking of my heels in the hallway.

In the quiet, I could hear my hopes whispering. That today may be a memorable day. That the lesson will go according to plan, or wonderfully, magically veer off course. That I waste not a drop of opportunity with my kids. As the searing sun lifts the morning mist, the silent prayers evaporate also. The day unfolds and begins.

No comments:

Post a Comment