Monday, September 20, 2010

Business Plan


Sometimes, I find myself relating to a CEO of a major corporation.

Except that I don't make millions of dollars.

I also don't have much power.

And I'm not even a Republican.


Ok, maybe I'm more like the manager of a mom & pop joint in a no-name small town rather than an entrepreneurial mogul. Anyhow, any executive position upholds the same ideals-find ways to make your business thrive, manage all employees effectively to generate the most revenue, and make executive decisions, even if they go against status quo.

The problem is that I'm finding myself fretting over the smallest decisions. Should I use Lucinda Grand or Comic Sans for the worksheet title? Do I have the students face north or east when pairing up with a partner?

These are the nonsensical stresses that riddle my already fragile mind.

The more I think about it, a CEO is a horrible example.

I'm aiming to become more of a coach...

and less of a trembling Chihuahua.

2 comments:

  1. Lady, pulease... if all female CEOs look like that, you'd definitely be an outlier. You'd spice it up with your hot gams!

    Don't fret about having difficulty working through the small decisions. They will only build up your perspective and confidence about the big ones. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg I totally remember having the same concerns when I was teaching kindergarten. the kids couldn't read certain fonts.... I feel you. But I'm sure whatever decision you end up making wool be perfect and if it isn't, you know for next time :)

    ReplyDelete