Wednesday, February 2, 2011

How do you like them apples?

Not too long ago, I promised myself that when I grow up, I'd become a real blogger.

Amazingly difficult, I know.

But with my non-committal tendencies and attention span of a squirrel, I knew that the road to becoming a diligent blogger wouldn't be an easy one.

Although I haven't always been consistent, but my lil' blog and I are quickly approaching our 2 year anniversary. Hurrah!

And I've been noticing that the pro-bloggers arrange contests for their readers, complete with prizes. So...who wants free stuff?!


What can it be?

Apple-themed candies of course!!! And I'll be throwing in some good ol' fashioned #2 pencils in as well.

So please humor me with stories about your favorite school-related memory. Whether it's tetherball, buying things off of monthly book orders, or torturing the teacher-comment away. One commenter will be selected randomly on the anniversary date, 2/9/11, and I promise to ship this goody box over to you. Happy story-telling!

2 comments:

  1. Hmm... favorite school story.

    Must be when I was in first grade. I was a total fob, did I ever tell you that? I think I had no friends and was in ESL because I couldn't speak English. ANYWAY. I decided that I needed to use my very limited skills and write a book of poems. I dictated them to my sister who typed them out for me. (on a typewriter) The next day I showed them to my first grade teacher, Mrs. Darby. She let me read them aloud. I don't know why she did that, because if I remember correctly, they didn't make any sense at all because I made up words. For example, to my teacher Mrs. Darby, "Mrs. Darby is a farby and plays with Barbie in a larby."

    But she was so gracious and I felt so proud. I still have such fond memories of that Mrs. Darby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My most memorable moment came during our annual Christmas play at the grade school I attended. Due to two older brothers always being a part of the production, I was inherently forced to try out my acting skills. The play had something to do with Jack Frost. My role was a soldier. I had exactly one line in the entire play and it came at a crucial juncture when Jack Frost had secretly entered the courtyard of the castle. My one line was something like "I did not see anyone that night" or something to the like. Much to my embarrassment, I forgot my only line and tried to play it cool by glancing over at Seth, the other soldier trying to signal him to say my line. Just imagine a 10 year old trying to play it cool when they have obviously messed up something in front of a crowd of about 200 people.

    The worst was all the other actors who took the play way too seriously and yelled at me in the dressing room/classroom. Oh and the director/nun (I went to Catholic School) was quite livid with me as well.

    I think it took me about 5 years to recover from that debacle.
    --ASA Ben

    ReplyDelete