Monday, June 14, 2010

Because you loved me


There are some things that will never go out of style...

Chanel,

Caviar,

Compassion,

and Celine Dion.







From my mom who can barely speak English but belts out "The Power of love" verbatim to the teen phenomenon Charice Pempengco, everyone seems to melt for Celine.


It is the last week of school and I'm planning to teach my very last lesson using Celine's "Because you loved me". Chock full of idioms and metaphors, this song lends itself perfectly to the thank you card project I've assigned. Students must write a card to whomever has helped them academically their tumultuous journey called "The Seventh Grade" using figurative language in their writing.


I'm hoping that Celine inspires them to eloquently express their gratitude. And that they enjoy this KOST FM classic as much as I do.


Because you loved me


You gave me wings and made me fly
You touched my hand I could touch the sky
I lost my faith, you gave it back to me
You said no star was out of reach

You stood by me and I stood tall
I had your love, I had it all
I'm grateful for each day you gave me

Maybe, I don't know that much
But I know this much is true
I was blessed because
I was loved by you

You were my strength when I was weak
You were my voice when I couldn't speak
You were my eyes when I couldn't see
You saw the best there was in me

No comments:

Post a Comment