Thursday, December 10, 2009

Labor of Love

A little detail I failed to mention in the previous post...all the manual labor of decorating was done by students. All I did was point and mime while they stapled, cut, and assembled. The biggest jobs have been completed (while I was scarfing lunch down at my desk) and now all that is left to do is to cut white paper into snowflakes. They're doing an awesome job, but some may be taking their jobs a bit too far.

One of my "elves" bounded into my classroom during lunch, sketching out her idea for increasing the efficiency and quantity of snowflake output on my dry erase board. Check out her self dubbed "Elf Stations" that lays out the plan for a snowflake assembling line that'll crank out more flakes than we're currently producing.

She was really upset that not enough student helpers showed up to make up the manpower needed for project Elf Station. When I pointed out that some students may get bored being stuck with "Geometric Cutting", she paused in reflection, and then responded, "We can have the elves switch stations every 10 minutes!" I think we've got a future CEO in our midst.

1 comment: