Monday, September 21, 2009

All in a day's work


I had my students choose one of the following books to read and then create a fill-in-the-blank quiz about it, using this week's vocab words as their answer choices. I think I was the one who was most excited about this activity. 



Though it took about an hour and a half of squeezing my bum numb in a tiny plastic chair at the children's library, it was a lot of fun choosing the books. It was hard work pumping my saliva dry as I perused through pages with licked fingers, but someone had to do it.  



I found classics like this one ominously titled, "Parts". The boy thinks that he's coming undone as he mistakenly believes that fuzz in his belly button is his cotton stuffing oozing out. 



"Bats at the beach" won me over with its creative plot line around a midnight beach-scapade complete with moon-tan lotion and bugmallows roasting over the bonfire.



OK! Where to? Just name the place and I'll be ready with my oar. 


The heartbreaker. 





1 comment:

  1. think i'm going to have to pick up "parts" at barnes and noble someday! :) sounds like such a cute book!

    ps giving tree - my faaaaaavorite children's book. another book that not a lot of ppl said they haven't read : strega nona. is that still around?

    ReplyDelete